News
The journal that this archive was targeting has been deleted. Please update your configuration.
Navigation

Rich in History

This firm was founded in 1915 when W. M. Whittington and Sam Osborn formed a law firm known as Osborn & Whittington. In 1924, Whittington was elected to the U. S. Congress for the Second Judicial District of Mississippi, which includes most of the Mississippi Delta. Mr. Whittington served with distinction in Congress for 26 years, retiring in 1950. W. M. Whittington, Jr., a graduate of Yale Law School, joined with his father in 1939 to form the firm of Whittington & Whittington. Following the death of Whittington, Sr. in 1962, H. D. Brock, a graduate of the University of Mississippi Law School, joined the firm in 1968. The name of the firm was subsequently changed to Whittington & Brock, which remained until after 1970 when Charles J. Swayze, Jr., also a graduate of the Ole Miss Law School and The George Washington University Law School, joined the firm and the firm name became Whittington, Brock & Swayze.

This firm is approaching 100 years of continuous services to Greenwood, Leflore County, and Mississippi. It has represented over the years many of Mississippi’s most recognized businesses, including Staplcotn Association, Viking Range Corporation, Pyco Oil Mill, The John Richard Collection, Inc., Galaxy Telecom, Regions Bank and The Bank of Commerce.

All members of the firm, which now include Don Brock, Jr. and Charles J. Swayze III, have been very active in community endeavors over the years including civic clubs, economic and industrial development, community arts and Bar related associations.